Creating Rain Gardens is a comprehensive book for the DIY-er, covering everything from rain barrels to simple living roofs, permeable patios, and other low-tech affordable ways to save water in the garden.
Water conservation experts Cleo Woelfle-Erskine and Apryl Uncapher walk homeowners through the process, with step-by-step instructions for designing and building swales, French drains, rain gardens, and ephemeral ponds—the building blocks of rain-catching gardens. From soil preparation, planting, troubleshooting, and maintenance, to selecting palettes of water-loving plants that provide four-season interest and a habitat for wildlife, Creating Rain Gardens covers everything a gardener needs to create a beautiful rain garden at home.
- What is a rain garden? (freshairlover.blogspot.com)
- Rain Garden: Infiltration System (creativeurbanite.wordpress.com)
- STORMWATER PURIFICATION: Rain Garden Treatments (baylines.wordpress.com)
- Planning Your Garden: Why You Should Cultivate a Rain Garden This Year (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Astrid Caldas: Small Steps, Big Difference (huffingtonpost.com)
- The New American Landscape: Leading Voices on the Future of Sustainable Gardening from Timber Press (permaculturedesignreview.wordpress.com)